Bulgur salad with orange, red cabbage, nuts, fresh figs, green asparagus and basil
Presented on a Palmer Leaf plate
For 4 persons
Preparation time: 20 minutes
½ red cabbage
100 m olive oil l extra virgin
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp curry powder
2 tsp honey
300 g boiled bulgur
200 g green asparagus
2 oranges, cut into wedges
4 fresh figs, cut into wedges
100 g student oat nut mix
10 g fresh basil
1. Carefully detach the four outer leaves from the red
cabbage. Cut the rest of the cabbage into strips as thin as possible.
2. Mix the olive oil, mustard, red wine vinegar, curry powder and honey into a dressing. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Mix the dressing through the strips of red cabbage and then toss through the cooked bulgur.
3. Remove the woody bottom, about 1.5 cm, from the bottom of the green asparagus. Halve the green asparagus lengthwise. Blanch the green asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Then rinse them in a colander under cold running water. This way they keep a nice crunchy bite!
4. Divide the four red cabbage leaves among the Palmer Leaf plates and spoon in the Bulgur salad.
5. Divide the green asparagus, orange wedges and fresh figs over the salad.
6. Garnish with a handful of student oat nut mix and fresh basil leaves.
Recipe: Julie Teeken