Duck breast fillet with glazed carrots in honey thyme sauce and rosemary potatoes from the oven
Presented on a Palmer Earth plate
Cooking time: 20 minutes - 50 minutes oven time
4 duck breast fillets
700 g of potatoes
1 tsp coarse sea salt
4 cloves of garlic
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
500 g colored carrots
50 g salt butter
1 sprig of thyme
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
4 sprigs of basil
Pepper and salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Wash the potatoes, pat them dry and cut them into wedges. Divide the potato wedges over a baking tray, drizzle generously with olive oil, coarse sea salt and fresh pepper. Crush the garlic cloves with a large knife. Divide the garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs between the potatoes. Roast the baking tray with potato for 50 minutes. Turn once halfway through the baking time.
3. Let the duck breast fillets come to room temperature, score the skin side of the fillets crosswise with a sharp knife and sprinkle them all over with salt and pepper.
4. Wash the colored carrots, remove excess foliage. If necessary, halve the carrots. Heat the salted butter in a large frying pan and fry the carrots together with the thyme sprigs for 15 minutes. Toss every now and then. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar to the pan for the last 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and let the carrots caramelise. Season with fresh pepper.
5. Heat a frying pan and fry the duck breast skin side down without oil or butter, for about 7 minutes until golden brown. Then turn them over and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Remove the duck breast from the pan and let it rest on a warm plate, loosely covered under aluminum foil, for 10 minutes.
6. Slice the duck breast fillets nicely. Decorate the Palmer Earth plate with beautiful rosé fried duck breast, roasted potatoes and caramelised carrots. Garnish with fresh basil.
Recipe: Julie Teeken